Have you created a website with the intention of growing your online business?
If this sounds like you, then you’ve reached the right place, this blog will give you all the information you need to know regarding how to approach SEO when boosting your website.
According to 99firms, if your website qualifies for all the search engine ranking signals, it can drive upto a 14.6% conversion rate.
Most organizations start their SEO journey after their website is developed and taken live. However, neglecting the marketing side of things can prove to be detrimental for your sites success.
Instead, the perfect time to start your SEO campaign is when you initiate the web development process.
Remember that SEO takes time, and attracts organic traffic to your website when done consistently and efficiently.
This blog acts as your one stop destination for tips (that we feel work best) geared towards increasing website traffic.
Keyword Research Checklist:
Keywords are a building block of your website, without keywords it will prove to be very difficult to rank high over SERPS (Search Engine Results Page).
Keyword Research is a vital part of any SEO campaign. It’s something that you need to do precisely and smartly.
Precisely in the sense that the content you are writing actually matches the search intent of a user.
Smartly, as you need to add keywords in your blog but it should not be a force fit. instead, It should be easy to understand.
Now you might be thinking, ‘how do i find the right set of keywords for a website?’
There is not a one size fits all approach that exists in keyword research, it actually depends on the type of industry you are targeting and your search intent.
Every business has a varying set of requirements, unique selling propositions and different goals they strive to achieve.
Below is a strategy we suggest you implement while doing keyword research:
- Consolidate a list of competitors and look for the keywords they are optimizing.
- Sort out the desired keyword according to your objective.
- Check for other metricess such as Keyword difficulty, Search volume & CTR.
- Optimize your filtered keywords according to your content.
Content Writing Checklist
“Content is king” and that’s the most important rule of thumb.
Creating content and being able to market it, is the most crucial element of website design and the development cycle. Therefore, it is necessary to generate high-quality content which clearly defines your website’s value proposition.
The key things to keep in mind while creating content for your website is as follows:
- Identify the purpose of your website.
- Identify your audience personas.
- Create an attractive headline.
- Hook your readers with your introduction.
- Optimize content with keywords
- Use a multimedia approach i.e add Images, video and GIFs to your post.
On-Page Optimization Checklist
On-page SEO is a way to ensure that you are producing high-quality content on your website which is easily readable.
The following tips will help you strengthen your On-Page optimization process:
- Write an appealing title tag and add relevant keywords in it.
- Use SEO friendly keywords.
- Write a meta description in a way that persuades users to click on the presented link.
- Properly use H1 tag, H2 tag and H3 tag. I;e there should be only oneH1 tag in a blog post and if the blog post has several sub categories then try using H2 tag.
- Optimize your images with alt tags.
- Use LSI keywords instead of the normal keywords i,e if you are optimizing keywords for “SEO checklist” then use “SEO checklist for a new website”.
- Add social sharing buttons to your post.
Link Building Checklist.
Backlinks are one of the major ranking signals when considering other ranking factors and google measures backlinks as a source of trustworthiness.
We consider link building to be one of the core activities in this checklist, as your website’s authority depends on the number of quality inbound links (backlinks referring from other domains to your website) it has.
The following checklist will help you map out your link building techniques:
- Analyze your link profile, use MOZ link Explorer tool and check your DA (domain authority) and PA (page authority).
- Analyze your competitor link profile. Use the same MOZ link Explorer tool for checking your competitor backlink profile.
- Check for guest blogging opportunities. It is a great way to earn inbound backlinks to your website.
- Use social media groups for backlinks opportunities.
- Regularly check your backlink profile and keep an eye out for the inbound links from domains with a high spam score.
- Remove the corrupt link from your profile. Use Google’s disavow backlinks tool to do so.
AutoLink offers SEO services that check off all the important tasks needed to optimize your website.
Schedule a FREE consultation call today: goautolink.com/contact-us/